Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gone and, Hopefully, Soon Forgotten

I have delayed writing this post because each time I started to write it I found words appearing on the page like “despicable, debauched and depraved”. I thought that if I mulled this post a bit longer I could find less denigrating terms to apply to Ted Kennedy than those. Alas, it was to no avail. As I mentioned in a previous post, Ted Kennedy behaved as a weasel all his life. He was also a murderer and a philanderer; openly, flagrantly and arrogantly. The only thing more pathetic than Ted Kennedy and his life choices were the pitiable people of Massachusetts who knew what he was and kept reelecting him to a position of power and authority.

I was once told by a dear friend that, “the Kennedy’s have been good to Massachusetts”. Well Massachusetts sure was good to Ted Kennedy, too. The last, and least, of the brothers who sought to build a dynasty in a republic, Our Republic, Kennedy got pass after pass from the people of Massachusetts time after time. I guess if you are buried up to your nose in stench then you get used to the smell… as long as the ones who are piling on the stench toss you a bone now and then.

I’m sorry the Kennedy family is grieving the loss of a loved one. I’m sorry the Kopechne family is still grieving the loss of a loved one and aching from the horrendous miscarriage of justice that kept her murderer from ever facing punishment for his crimes. Sadly, Kennedy might have even been forgiven this crime by the time he died if he had admitted to his actions and accepted a just punishment for them. As it is history will mark his name with shame and he will pay for the crime for which he escaped punishment in life for as long as history remembers him. Although, for all he has been given a large send off by the sycophantic press, his actual contributions to this nation were small and he is likely to be forgotten more quickly than that same press would believe.

Though I was a child when Mary Jo Kopechne was murdered, I still remember her death. It is my hope that, if he is remembered at all, the name Ted Kennedy will conjure up more memories of the shame he brought to his office than any of the false glories now being attributed to him by those who vested themselves up to their noses in the stench of his life. He didn’t answer for his crimes here on earth, but he stands now before a greater judge than any of this world. I will cease to fret that Ted Kennedy has gone unpunished and defer to The Lord’s judgment of the man and his soul. May Ted Kennedy never cross my mind again!

No comments: