Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And So It Begins!!!

I am a quiet, artsy sort of person by nature. Well, artsy in a "no real talent" sort of way. I have never really taken a political stance on anything in a public format before. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm out there on Freedom Bridge waving flags in support of our troops on a regular basis. But as for outright politics... that's for "other sorts of people than I". Until today.


When I read the following paragraph on the WHITE HOUSE web site, I knew that the time of silence was past and the time to step up the fight on the Home Front had begun. That "eternal vigilance" of which Mr Jefferson spoke suddenly became so very real to me.

Your White House and mine actually posted this statement on their web site:
"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

So... today I am starting a political blog. I haven't the wit or the time that many bloggers out there have to apply to this game, but I have the passion. And I'm starting out by reporting myself to the White House. I want to be on their rolls as one who will speak freely whether they have approved my thoughts or not.

I disapprove of the changes being forced down our throats on Health Care "Reform" primarily because they are being forced down our throats. We have no time to study carefully how we will make such enormous changes or what the impact of those changes will be on our nation and our economy. Oh no, we must leap NOW to avoid the possibility that the people for whom this change is being effected will opt out and say no. Oops, too late! We already are objecting! We're objecting in Town Hall Meetings across the nation and in letters and phone calls to our elected officials; who seem to be ignoring our preferences, by the way. Why? Oh... because the objections are coming from the people, the grass roots, those who elected them to REPRESENT us!!

So, here we go... flag@whitehouse.gov Come and get me!!! I'm speaking out against the program, the policies and the tactics that I recognize from many a tyranny of the past; The Tyranny of a government that attempts to silence the free citizenry of its nation! The Tyranny that asks one citizen to spy on another. The Tyranny that compels eternal vigilance from all its citizens.

No comments: