Wednesday, August 5, 2009

California must be so proud

Barbara Boxer is at it again. First she insults BG Michael Walsh, a man who has actually put his life on the line for many years to preserve her right to bear the title of Senator by demanding, in a whiney, self aggrandizing tone, that he address her as Senator instead of Ma’am, which by the way is the traditional honorific in the military to a female superior… Then she condescends to imply to Harry Alford, the President of the Black Chamber of Commerce, that he shouldn’t be disagreeing with her because he’s black and other black people agree with her…. And now… NOW she is implying that citizens of this nation who are speaking out at Town Hall Meeting all across the nation are plants, are feigning outrage. Her proof? Well, HELLO?!! Isn’t it obvious? They’re too well dressed!! The man in the t-shirts & blue jeans, too well dressed. The lady in the tank top, too well dressed. So, I guess I’m over dressed as I sit her in my sweatpants and tank top to be expressing my own feelings on this matter.

Alas, I will have to go to the thrift shop and buy a whole new wardrobe when I head out to my town hall meeting, or I wonder if a sports bra and my flannel boxer shorts will do? Of course that will trigger a need for a lifetime of counseling for all in attendance. Now, both of the Senators from WA and most of the Representatives already need counseling, but I am quite worried about the innocent citizenry that will be in attendance. Hmmmmm, I may have to rethink this plan.

In all fairness to Barbara, though, I can understand how she would naturally suspect people who are too well dressed of harboring nefarious purposes. When I drive down the street and see a man walking by in a three piece suit I quickly check my door locks. He can’t be up to any good. When I step into an elevator and am confronted by women in clean, freshly pressed dresses, I slowly back out of the elevator and take the next one. And when I see some well dressed representative of my government speaking on the tv… You got it, I start to panic. Their lips are moving! I can’t trust them!!!

Yep, California must be so proud!

No comments: